“L.A. is lucky to have him,” said Arne Duncan, referring to Los Angeles Unified's new superintendent, John Deasy.
A Duncan endorsement should be evidence enough that Deasy will be a disaster for LAUSD.
For those who are not up to date on the Sleazy Deasy scorecard, here is a roundup of his greatest hits:
- Is he clean? Of course not. As head of Santa Monica schools he helped Robert Felner misappropriate funds, resulting in a 5 year prison sentence for Felner
- Does he have staying power in L.A.? Probably not. He bailed out of Prince Georges County Maryland when the going got too tough, after the district went bankrupt and criticism from the African American community mounted.
- Does he know which side his bread is buttered on? Absolutely. He did a stint in the Gates Foundation, where he was groomed to orchestrate Gates’ Ed Deform agenda.
- As associate superintendent in LAUSD, he played a leading role in the effort to tie teacher evaluations to student test scores in Los Angeles
- He also oversaw negotiations leading to a modification of the last-hired, first-fired system of lay-offs
- Of course he supports opening more charter schools in L.A.
Post a Comment